Monday, April 16, 2007

"Oh, Alberto ... "

i just steal these tasty bits.
go to FDL of course and read the whole thing.
Reddhead rocks.

Near the end of the process, as I have said many times, Kyle Sampson presented me with the final recommendations, which I approved. I did so because I understood that the recommendations represented the consensus of senior Justice Department officials most knowledgeable about the performance of all 93 U.S. Attorneys. I also remember that, at some point in time, Mr. Sampson explained to me the plan to inform the U.S. Attorneys of my decision.

So, let me get this straight, Alberto: you didn't know how the 93 U.S. Attorneys working for you were doing, you were talked into firing a few attorneys after you didn't think you could get away with firing all of them, you let other people make the decision who to fire, and you let your assistant tell you how you were going to tell them they were fired. Is that about right? Because, if so, that is the most pathetic excuse for leadership and administrative buck passing that I have ever heard. Pa. The. Tic. (PDF)

In hindsight, I should have handled this differently. As a manager, I am aware that decisions involving personnel are some of the most difficult and challenging decisions one can make. United States Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President, but looking back, it is clear to me that I should have done more personally to ensure that the review process was more rigorous, and that each U.S. Attorney was informed of this decision in a more personal and respectful way.

Gee, ya think? Dude, you weren't firing the afternoon french fry basket guy at Der Wienerschnitzel for failing to change out the fryer oil on time.




yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment