Sunday, April 22, 2007

how to defund the war in Iraq

Big Tent Democrat over at TalkLeft suggests:
I ask for three things:

First,
announce NOW that the Democratic Congress will NOT fund the Iraq Debacle after a date certain. You pick the date. Whatever works politically. If October 2007 is the date Dems can agree to, then let it be then. If March 2008, then let that be the date;

Second,
spend the year reminding the President and the American People every day that Democrats will not fund the war past the date certain;

Third,
do NOT fund the Iraq Debacle PAST the date certain.

Some argue we will never have the votes for this. That McConnell will filibuster, that Bush will veto. To them I say I KNOW. But filbustering and vetoing does not fund the Iraq Debacle.

Let me repeat,
to end the war in Iraq,
the Democratic Congress does not have to pass a single bill;
they need only NOT pass bills that fund the Iraq Debacle.

works for me.


....

No comments:

Post a Comment